Beach Umbrellas by Basil Bangs, are based on Sydney’s northern beaches, headed up by husband-and-wife duo Mike Durante and Krista Huebner and brings together their creativity and passions for product design, surfing, art and textiles. A love for vintage umbrellas and a pursuit of great design inspired the vision for creating a collection of ‘contemporary classics’, a range of beach umbrellas inspired by the 1960’s and 70’s but decisively modern in engineering and finishes.
Known for distinctive prints rich in colour and unique in artistic expression their approach to design is instinctive and fun, involving regular collaboration with artists and designers from around the world. Not only for the home, Basil Bangs proudly works with the trade and commercial sector, bringing sophisticated shade and custom designs to some of our favourite cafes, restaurants and hotels around Australia, and now in Canada.
- UPF50+ | 98% UV protection
- Waterproof, weather-treated outdoor canvas
- Vented canopy
- Luscious soft white fringe
- Single-piece, extendable hardwood poles
- Responsibly sourced timber
- The Basil Hinge for easy-peasy setup
- 1.8m diameter, family size canopy
- Compact for easy storage and portability
- Corrosion-resistant steel frame
- Stainless steel and marine-grade fasteners
- Diameter: 71″ / 180 cm
- Height: 82.5″ / 210 cm
- Weight: 8.8 lbs / 4 kg